A couple of weeks ago my best friend from High School Ken came back from a vacation in Indiana. He didn't call me or try to get a hold of me online. His wife Michelle always has his ear even though she committed adultery. They have 3 kids and have been married for 20 years. They have done alot together. To me its impressive since most marriages don't last very long but when your hubby is working 4 part time jobs to keep the house going, there is no room for a marriage to grow, it can only get stale and old which WILL lead to resentment and anger.
Watching the way those two interact with each other taught me that if you don't treat your spouse as being significant then they aren't.
Well everytime Michelle would get a hold of me thru Facebook, it was always in a negative tone. Ken wanted all of us to get along but Michelle wouldn't have it. Instead of giving in and turning the other cheek, I got fed up with her nastiness. Deanna always told me to ignore her since she isn't worth my time or energy. Michelle said since I didn't want to hang out with Ken that she would tell him I hated him (which isn't even close to the truth). I ended up giving up my friendship with Ken (Deanna was right). I told him I can't stand Michelle's abuse and that if he ever decides to work one job and divorce Michelle then we can hang out again like old times. My sanity has never been better. :)
Life is to short, everybody should allow themselves to enjoy it. Family is what does it for me. Some pics to share with my peeps:
My beautiful grandaughter Alee still learning how to talk:
Deanna with our ever growing cat Kandi Korn, hard to believe she is 16 weeks old now. Its amazing how much Kandi Korn loves her mama:
P.J. and Kandi Korn hanging out with Deanna. Kandi Korn acts more like a dog then a cat:
Deanna and I spent time with some of the family at Chili's on Saturday night. We were there to see Natalia and her son Joey. Here they are in all there glory:
Joey is so adorable and learns fast. Here he is giving Alee a hug:
Deanna holding Alee in her lap:
To celebrate out 2nd wedding anniversary Deanna and I had Dinner and a movie. Here we are at Boston Lobster Feast, the movie we saw was Smurfs 3D:
Always remember life is what you make it. Don't give up, persistence is the key and love thyself. Peace!
No comments:
Post a Comment