Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday

Thank God today is Good Friday, TGIGF.  I officially today completed the 40 Day of Passion: Confrontation of the Cross.  This was a devotional book given to us by the The Journey at First Baptist Orange City. 

Pastor James wanted people to have a way of becoming more intimate with God.  What better way then to start your morning with the devotionals. I learned what the true meaning of broken is. 

Most people think the meaning of broken is that your emotionally spent and have no place to  turn to.  That is actually being broke.  Being broken really means that your giving up your Ego and Pride to live the life that Jesus meant for you to have.

From this point out your living is God's will not your own.  We are human beings and will make plenty of mistakes in life.  Living in his will opens up your mind so the decisions you make will be led by God not your earthy thoughts.  Better way to realize this is your living in the spirit and not doing things the earthly way.

Being spiritual also means that you care about people, don't judge them, show mercy because where mecrcy is shown mercy is given.  Just remember when you come upon somebody and they seem to be mean and nasty, they could be just that type of person because there ego and pride have been hurt many times over the years.  It could also be that there are lots of issues going on behind there closed doors.  You don't know the situation so its best to lend an ear and reassure them that tough times don't last but tough people do (mentally tough that is).

This is the first time I have been this disciplined in my walk with God.  I told my wife Deanna that we will go thru these 40 days together and we have.  I always talk to her about the scriptures that I read because sometimes I run into things in my readings that I can relate to in real life.  I share this with her because with Gods will she will also read things and realize "oh this is the way things are supposed to be".  With TV and 24 hour news coverage sometimes out thinking can become skewed.  Always do you best to keep your head in the books.  It will allow you to stay positive so when you come across people that aren't so nice, there words will bounce off of you. No need to think twice about it because it will happen quick.

I've also learned that Grace is important because that keeps your walk with God stronger by the day.  If your putting on the face but there is no substance behind it then your walk won't last long.

Lastly, now that I know that God gave up his son Jesus so we can have eternal life, it hits me hard knowing the beatings he went thru all so we don't have to go thru that.  I now look at the cross as Jesus giving up his life for us because he loved us instead of just a cool symbol to wear.

I watched Passion of the Christ and Jesus of Nazareth and I'll be talking about those over the weekend as Easter Sunday comes around.  God Bless everybody, I love you and have a great Good Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment