Monday, May 2, 2011

Finally a true post 9-11-01 - Osama Bin Laden killed.

Finally Osama Bin Laden has been killed.  The most interesting part about this?  It wasn't a capture mission.  They went in for the purpopes of killing him.  Alot of gunfire was being exchanged so they wouldn't of had a choice anyway but to kill him.  Still so much has happened to everybody here in the U.S. that maybe just maybe we can all breathe a sigh of relief and realize this is the start of a new day. Post Osama.

We all need to reflect to truly understand how important this is.  We also all need to think about all that has happened to us since that tragic day.  3,000 people died  in those 9-11 attacks.  Included was my Uncle Howie.   He was in that building when everything went down, they never found his body and also never made it back home.  God Bless you Uncle Howie.  Just know that my thoughts are with you and your death wasn't in vain.

I had just started my job Rent-A-Center about One and half years earlier so I was doing well making decent money.  I was at the dentist office that day and as I was checking out I heard the ladies in the office talking about the twin towers being attacked.  I hurried home, turned to CNN and BOOM the first tower was hit and on fire, then BOOM I saw the 2nd plane hit.  I was thinking to myself, this is an attack on the U.S.  This was also the first day I realized how evil the middle east is.  There ideology is from 1000's of years ago and has not changed. No real freedom = unhappy and unfilled people.

I think about all the troops that have died in the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. There deaths at least will not be in vain.  The latter not really being neccesary because the U.S. never found the weapons of mass destruction and Bush was after the oil. The death of Suddam Hussein was nice but he wasnt behind 9-11 and not a threat to us. This was the point that I felt the U.S. was making the wrong moves.  Ever since Iraq, the gas prices have been high.  2003 the gas prices were $1.49, today its $3.80 and rumored to go to $5.00 a gallon when summer comes around.  Even though we are fighting the middle east and Al-Qaeda we depend on them for our oil.

I was affected much besides my Uncle Howie dying which was still big but I wasn't feeling the effects from it until 2007.  Rent prices got so high that I couldn't afford to live where I was living anymore.  My brother wasn't working because he came down with testicular cancer and with the surgery he had, they nicked a nerve and he has been living with nerve pain ever since 2004. I was the only one bringing in income.  My parents suggested we all live together to save on costs.  I reluctantly decided yes and it was the worst decision of my life.

My parents were unbearable and I decided to start dating again. After about a handful of women I found Deanna and we spoke online for quite a while before we started actually dating.  She is a great person thank god.  I ended up moving in with her.  I was so relieved to get out from under that roof and living with Deanna.  Deanna had her own title business.  Because of the housing market taking a dump she ended up losing her business because the market had changed. She now knows how this market is so hopefully one day she can have another business.

Main point of all of this?  For those of us that wasn't affected by it thru a loved one dying, we are affected by it in other ways.  Airports have much tighter security and it takes longer to do things there now, gas prices have stayed sky high since the wars, rent prices are sky high, houses harder to buy, wall street unsteady, loss of jobs because they go overseas, high unemployment, food costs going up due to higher gas costs, the phasing out of the middle class because we are paying for everything while the rich get richer and have all of the tax cuts.

One of the better things to have come of 9-11, alot of people are finding religion and believing in the powers of God.  This is great because its much easier to go off the deep end and commit crimes then it is to get a hold of yourself and figure things out.  Thank goodness that even though religion was taken out of the schools (wrong decision since kids need to have religion to have something to work with), the churches are still around.  I'm very happy for this.  I grew up in a Jewish home.  Even went thru becoming a man in the Jewish religion by going thru a Bar-Mitzvah for my dying grandma at the time way back in 1983.

Due to all the hours my dad was working as a taxi driver, religion never became strong in our house again.  Never went to a service or anything.  I tried on my own years later to get back in the Jewish religion but the people were nasty and didn't care about me as a person.  They only cared about my money and getting me to sign up for memberships.

After I got married to Deanna in 2009 (best decision in my life) I found Christianity thanks to Joel Osteen.  I always love watching his teachings and I found a good local church in Orlando with Church in the Son.  Since then I moved to Deland and have been going to The Journey in Orange City. Oh and it also helps that Deanna was religious so I got great support from her to go to church.

I also got my Bachelors in Computer Information Science since 9-11 so not all has been bad.  Know what though?  I would love to hear from people on what has happened with them since 9-11.  Feel free to comment on this article and let me know.  I love getting to know people and see whats up? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment