Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A New Day has arrived

Well it took long enough but that was all my doing.  With all my problems I had back in June 2010 I made alot of nasty comments to my dad in particular.  Telling your folks you want nothing to do with them and that you would spit on there grave i serious stuff.  I was still laid off from Rent-A-Center and my contract at Rasmussen was about to end.  I owed money on a car from my parents that I knew I couldn't afford and was prolonging the process.  I was still mad at the world with the way I got laid off from Rent-A-Center after busting my butt for them for 9 years.  They made me feel like I didnt matter the whole time I worked for them but still I gave out my best effort daily. I argued with all the bosses there because I knew they were looking to get rid of me to save money and for one of the bosses to hire his nephew back.  It  was a lose-lose.

Needless to say I couldn't hold my emotions in any longer, I vented at anybody that was around me, family, co-workers, bums on the street.  Anybody that didn't want to hear my story got an earful from me.  I was a very unhappy person.  I had a family to support without the support system to be able to provide.

I worked for Sungard for about 5 weeks (was supposed to be a 3 month contract).  They treated people like robots and I felt like I was reliving the nightmare of Rent-A-Center all over again.  They laid off ALOT of people because they claim worked had slowed down quicker then normal.  I gave in my badge and I WALKED out on my own.  I wasn't letting them walk ME OUT.  I challenged everybody and gave back mono to emono.  My ego became huge to stop people from running all over me.  My ego became the size of Texas again like it was when I was a teenager.  That was not a good thing.

After this ordeal I told myself I'm reading the bible and getting as deep with God as I can so I can live in his way.  I read all the devotionals I could get my hands on.  Read Proverbs to become wise but most importantly I needed to know how things are supposed to work.  I never really learned that because my parents weren't very religious due to my dad working lot of hours driving a taxi.

Well November comes around and I got a 6 month contract with Airtran.  I promised myself before my first day of work that I was going to become the best I could be.  No ego, no attitude, learn to listen, do my job as well as I can do it.

I'm proud to say my contract has been extended and Airtran is now a subsidiary of Southwest.  Looks like things might change soon at some point.  While I'm happy things are going to change. I will hope and pray that I'm a part of that change so the journey can continue.  I am working with the best people that I have ever worked with and this is over a 2 decade period.

I've grown up so much that I was able to drive over to my parents and I made up with both of them!  I admitted my wrong doing and was also allowed to tell my dad what I want.  He didn't have to do that but he did because I'm his oldest son and he still believes in what I say.  There was alot of things they needed to get off there chest.  I was able to handle it because God led me the whole way.  I couldn't handle that they had no emotions for Deanna and I told them respectfully that I really would like to have that changed.

I explained to my Dad in private the issues that she battles on a daily basis and what would help her.  It was a very hard thing for me to do. I want Deanna to be known as my wife instead of just the woman I married, think about it because it makes a huge different in how she would of been treated. My dad will speak to my mom about it so she understands.  I hope and pray in the name of Jesus that my mom will have an open mind, not hold grudges and take the time to learn about my unique wife Deanna because she is so loving and has a warm heart.

So here goes, I declare in the name of Jesus that I'm worthy to become a strong part of my family that can help when then time comes, that they have total trust in me to do the right thing for them.  To know that its not because of my will but because of God's will to bring me thru any conflict that may arise.

I also declare in the name of Jesus that my journey will continue with Southwest and that I'll have an even stronger change to prove that I'm worthy enough to keep on board.  Honestly Jesus I haven't had a real full-time job since 09 and with the way I was as a person I didn't deserve it anymore and had it taken from me.  But because I'm living in your will and staying humble, broken and living in your word.  I hope you see it in your heart that my time is now and that I can make the most of it and to become an inspiration to others that they to can accomplish there goals and to live an abundant life.

I want to be able to accompany my co-workers to whererever life leads us.  If it happens it will be a blessing. If for some reason it can't happen then just know that either way I love the both of you and that I will still do anything I can to help you two proper and be the best that you two can be.

1 comment: